Why publish your article in BMC Psychology?
- We welcome research from across the entire field of psychology
- With over 750,000 article downloads in 2020, publishing with BMC Psychology ensures high visibility for your article
- Transparency in the peer review process as reviewer reports are published with the article
- Manuscripts are handled by an established and international editorial board
- All article published by BMC Psychology are open access
Research we consider
As a BMC Series journal, BMC Psychology does not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles, this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
The journal welcomes manuscripts in the following broad areas of psychology research:
- Clinical psychology and psychotherapy including cognitive behavioral therapy, deep brain stimulation, psychological testing, assessment and treatment to improve mental health.
- Cognitive psychology including experimental and real world research of language, memory, problem solving and thinking.
- Developmental psychology including child development, psychoanalytic and behavioral theories of development.
- Health psychology and the emotional, behavioral and psychological impact of health on individuals, as well as how health can be influenced by behavior and psychology.
- Personality and individual differences including intelligence, creativity, and personality.
- Psychobiology including biological mechanisms and correlates of psychological states and processes.
- Social, organizational, and cultural psychology including self concept, social cognition, social value, attitudes, persuasion, social interaction, interpersonal relationship and indigenous psychology
If your study is investigating the diagnosis, management or treatment of a psychiatric disorder, consider BMC Psychiatry.