Why publish your article in BMC Psychology?
- We welcome research from across the entire field of psychology
- With over 750,000 article downloads in 2020, publishing with BMC Psychology ensures high visibility for your article
- Transparency in the peer review process as reviewer reports are published with the article
- Manuscripts are handled by an established and international editorial board
- All article published by BMC Psychology are open access
Research we consider
As a BMC Series journal, BMC Psychology does not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles, this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
The journal welcomes manuscripts in the following broad areas of psychology research:
- Clinical psychology and psychotherapy including cognitive behavioral therapy, deep brain stimulation, psychological testing, assessment and treatment to improve mental health.
- Cognitive psychology including experimental and real world research of language, memory, problem solving and thinking.
- Developmental psychology including child development, psychoanalytic and behavioral theories of development.
- Health psychology and the emotional, behavioral and psychological impact of health on individuals, as well as how health can be influenced by behavior and psychology.
- Personality and individual differences including intelligence, creativity, and personality.
- Psychobiology including biological mechanisms and correlates of psychological states and processes.
- Social, organizational, and cultural psychology including self concept, social cognition, social value, attitudes, persuasion, social interaction, interpersonal relationship and indigenous psychology
Not sure your manuscript is in scope for BMC Psychology? Please consider other journals in the BMC Series or try the Springer Nature Journal Suggester.
If your study is investigating the diagnosis, management or treatment of a psychiatric disorder, consider BMC Psychiatry.